Is Your Environment Healthy?
Indicators for health and illness in the Environment quadrant focus on the health of our environment. Toxins in our environment, social systems, and our connectedness to the world can affect our health.
→ ASSESS. Answer the questions below and see how healthy your Environment is.
(A “yes” answer represents an indicator for health and a “no” for illness, unless otherwise noted.)
- Do you have access to organically and locally grown food?
- Does the city you live in have good air quality?
- Do you have access to clean drinking water?
- Do you take part in environmental activities, such as recycling?
- Do you have access to natural settings near your work or home?
- Do you use natural and environmentally friendly products on your body and in your home?
- Are you aware of the impact your actions have on others and the world around you?
- Do you feel engaged with the world?
- Do you live and work in a safe, clean environment?
- Do you vote?
- Do you have access to health care?
- Do you have health insurance?
- Can you afford the care you need?
- Do you live near a toxic waste site? (“yes” is illness indicator)
- Is there war, violence, or poverty in the world around you? (“yes” is illness indicator)
→ EVALUATE. Did you answer a lot of the questions in a way that indicated your environment is not as healthy as it could be? If so, go to the Action step. If not, that's great! You can see how healthy the other quadrants in your life are from the links below.
→ ACTION. Look at where you answered “no” in the earlier questions and try to identify how these can become “yes”. Do the same for the last two questions if you answered “yes” and try to figure out how they can become “no”. Write down one to three ideas that you vow to do starting today for a healthier environment.
If you need help detoxifying your environment, contact us today!